Saturday 9 April 2011

Sketchbook - Spring

Page from my new sketchbook, as a result of joining Alisa Burke's Sketchbook Delight course. Watercolours are not my thing normally, but realised that for quick little paintings like this, I need to use them.  I bought a really cheap kid's watercolour set, the colours are amazing, for these sketches to see how I get on.  I am also trying to loosen up, use some words and not worry about the result, as I normally do. 

Two finds, an outline pencil from Derwent Inktense which is great, as it looks like pencil but does not smudge with water and is super to use and a cheap sketchbook from Paperchase, which does not cockle under lots of water.  That really was my great find, as I hate cockled paper!


1 comment:

  1. Linda, How fun! Oh how I long for warm days and more colorful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...