Yellow was the colour this week in the Summer of Color challenge. As I had decided from the first colour of blue that I would keep to a mono-chromatic scheme using only one pot of paint in the required colour and all the same size of 5x4 inches, yellow has proved the most difficult colour for me so far and I know there will be others to come! So I think I may have overcompensated with too much detail.
It has made me learn a lot more about the colours that I am using and how they can change quite a bit sometimes with either water or white added. I am normally the type of gal who has to buy all the paint pots in all the different shades going !
Looking at the two together now on scheen, I think now that the black pen is possibly too heavy for the yellow fairy, as I used a brown biro to outline the flowers, which recedes a little.
There is some amazing work being done by every one, so on Monday hop over the Kristin's blog to check them out, and also all the challenges todate.