Saturday 28 April 2012

Creative Tuesdays - Lovebugs

Creative Tuesdays challenges have gone weekly and the first one is Lovebugs.

This is Toaster, who thinks that he is a bit of a ladies man! He has asked me to state that he is no relation to the Tea and Toast clan over the pond.  Toaster got his name by trying to show off.  He was making heart shapes in the sky, for his latest lady love, and got so carried away that he flew a little too high and then dive bombed to the ground.  He consequently singed one of his wings.  This does not seem to stop him though!


Just for interest and to push me a little, I have drawn Toaster's back and side, as I never normally think from this aspect.  What I hadn't realised is that Toaster has a mohican hairstyle, which doesn't show front view.  He is also quite fancy from the back. Have not quite caught is side view though.  This drawing below is not part of the Creative Tuesdays challenge.

Check out other Lovebugs over on Mr T's blog.

12 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful, I love that you did the side and reverse view too, you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recall seeing that header before? Maybe it didn't load for me before. I love how loose and relaxed it looks. Cute love bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toaster and his lady friend are adorable! I like that you added the other views, too...his Mohawk haircut is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love is in the air..... I'm feeling it. What a sweet love bug to give flowers....nice touch.

    Thanks for the Birthday Wishes for Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the CUTEST drawing Linda, loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, your drawing is quite superb too! Yes, I never think of the other side either but you drew it so well. Clean as well. Hee, this is sweet and funny. TY!

    BTw, to your comment, yes, I totally see Betsy's point with people not following along if sign ups scattered through out week, rather than visiting in one sitting SO, as I later posted, I have decide to RE-POSt the sign up on the Tuesday itself when I show my final piece. That way, yours or anyone's earlier sign ups will be there still and those who want to sign up and visit all in one day can do that too on that day. I think this should work. We'll see. Let me know what you think adn thanks for your input along the way thus far.

    Great lovebugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with these and your character - hee! sooo cute! I like that you did more than one angle...I desperatly need to work on that....I usually don't - but It makes sense in the illustration world!
    have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness this is so cute! Aw, he may be a ladies man but he looks like he only has eyes and antennae for that pretty insect next to him (-: I'd love to see these guys in a cartoon show I'd watch every Saturday morning. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's adorable! I especially like the three black and whites together...he looks like he's dancing! :)

    Your header is just perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute little character. Very nice. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. now theres some cute bugs! Your header is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...