Saturday 1 October 2011

Show and tell Saturday - Booted birdie

Hi everyone, I have been busy working on my Zazzle store which still needs fine tuning but is here if anyone wants to take a peak, or I have a link on the right bar of my blog.

I wanted to try out a new sketch pad to see how it worked with acrylics and markers. So I quickly painted the following sketch this morning.  This pad was lovely to draw and paint on, didn't buckle and the marker did not bleed, so I think it is a winner. I think that a version of this sketch may find its way into my store.


I have a thing at the moment for magenta and turquoise.

Why not pop over to Artists in Blogland to check out the action. The weather in the UK is glorious at the moment, so I am heading off outside.  Wonderful weekend to everyone.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, so TWEET! Love it! Will be sure to pop by and take a look at your Zazzle store too! Have an awesome weekend! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to have boots like that! cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful sketch! And it's great you found a sketch pad that works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious little birdie! I hope she's not thinking about eating the snail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're right, the colors are great together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute birdie....I like her boots! Magenta and turquoise just seem to go together so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous birdy I love the colours!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes the color combination is a winner! And so is the idea of boots on a birdie! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Artists in Blogland. Love this picture. Came here just because of your cute icon.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice and cute art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bird is adorable!! http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-is-girl-supposed-to-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore your little birdie with boots on! Thanks for your kind words over at my blog. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is too cute. It makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love, love, love this little birdie. I left a comment on your new facebook page, as well as on your new zazzle store. Your artwork looks STUNNING on products. I am super excited for you and the possibilities with your AWESOME work.
    Big hugs to you Lovely Linda.
    Kyles xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...