Saturday 29 January 2011

Journal sketch - Hope

This is a sketch from my journal which I am going to call Hope, which I will post again when it is finished.

While I was on the bus going home from work the other day, I overheard one lady talking to her friend. She said "I'm too old at 63 to learn anything new". I must admit I was really saddened by this. I am of that age and still relish new challenges and learning new skills, as I know other ladies of a similar age out there in our art world do. I think, though, that there are probably a lot of people  who say the same thing.  It is very sad.

1 comment:

  1. You're right. It is sad. I'm 67 yrs old and I'm still learning things every day. In fact, I don't have enough hours in the day to try all the things I learn about! How sad to feel so hopeless. I hope I never feel that way.

    Your sketch is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...